Code of Behaviour - Player
As a player in any activity held by or under the auspices of the Sunshine Coast Netball Association Inc. you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any such activity or event.
- Participate because you enjoy it, not just to please parents / caregivers and coaches.
- Play by the rules: know the rules.
- Participate fairly and safely.
- Abide by the decisions, without argument or bad temper.
- Captains have the right to approach an umpire during an interval or at the completion of the game for clarification of any rule. Approach an umpire in a courteous and polite way. Coaches / Team Manager may accompany the player in this endeavour for the purpose of support for the minor.
- Co-operate with your coach and other players.
- Verbal abuse of officials and / or other players, deliberate fouling or provoking an opponent and throwing / damaging equipment is unacceptable and not permitted.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
- Ensure that at all times your behaviour is fair.
- Be a patient and enthusiastic supporter of all players.
- Applaud all good play, by your own team and opponents.
- Be a responsible team member.
- Always be on time.
- Encourage and assist all players
- Attend all training sessions.
- Ensure you always bring the appropriate uniform and equipment to training and / or match play.
- Do not engage in practices that affect sporting performance (alcohol, tobacco and drug use).
- Respect and acknowledge the contribution of those who create the opportunity for you to play; volunteers (scorers, coaches, timekeepers, managers, administrators, umpires and committee members).
- Abide at all times by the Constitution and By Laws of the Sunshine Coast Netball Association Inc.
Code of Behaviour - Spectator
- Applaud good performance and efforts from each team. Congratulate all participants upon their performance regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Never condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by spectators, coaches, officials or players.
- Show respect for your team’s opponents; without them there would be no game.
- Encourage players to follow the rules and the decision of the game official.
- Do not use foul language or harass players, coaches or officials.
Code of Behaviour – Parents & Caregivers
Remember that children play sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children to always participate according to the rules.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or participating in a losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best by example; applaud good plays by all teams.
- Verbal abuse is unacceptable.
- Respect the decision of the game official and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation of volunteer Coaches, Officials and Administrators; without them your child could not participate.